mardi 3 janvier 2012

Chanson : I am the Greatest Star (épisode 3x02)

Chanson issue de la comédie "Funny Girl" datant de 1964 initialement interprétée par Barbra Streisand

 

Kurt :
I got 36 expressions !
Sweet as pie to tough as leather
And that's six expressions more than all them Barrymores put together.
Instead of just kicking me why don't they give me a lift ?
Well, it must be a plot !
'Cause their scared that I got...such a gift ?
Well, I'm miffed
Cause I'm The Greatest Star
I am by far !
But no one knows it--wait
They're gonna hear a voice
A silver flute (ah ooh ah ooh)
They'll cheer each toot (Hey, that kid is terrific, mmm)
When I expose it (Now can't ya see to look at me that)
I'm a natural Camille.
As Camille I just feel
I've so much to offer (Hey, listen kid I know I'd be divine because)
I'm a natural cougher (ahoo, aheh, ahay)
Some ain't got it, not a lump
I'm a great big clump of talent
Laugh ! (ha ha ha ha)
They'll bend in half (Did you ever hear the story about the traveling salesman?)
A thousand jokes (Stick around for the jokes !)
A thousand faces
I reiterate
When you're gifted, then you're gifted
These are facts
I've got no axe to grind
Hey, whaddaya blind ?
In all of the world so far
I'm the greatest star

No autographs, please.
Ya think beautiful girls are gonna stay in style forever ?
I should say not.
Any minute now they're gonna be out.
Finished !
Then it'll be my turn

Who is the pip with pizzazz ?
Who is all ginger and jazz ?
Who is as glamourous as ?
Who's an american beauty rose ?
With an american beauty NOSE !!!
And ten american beauty toes?
Eye on the target and wham
One shot. One gun shot and BAM !
Hey, Mister Keeney !
Here I am !

I'm the greatest star
I am by far
But no one knows it
That's why I was born
I'll blow my horn
Till someone blows in
I gotta break the lights
Gotta flash of light
I'll flicker then flare up !
All the world's gonna stare up!
Looking down, you'll never see me,
Try the sky cause that'll be me !

I can make 'em cry !
I can make 'em sigh !
Someday, they'll clamor for my drama
Have you guessed yet ?
Who's the best yet ?

If you ain't I'll tell ya one more time.
You bet your last dime
In all of the world so far
I am the greatest, greatest star !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Laissez votre com'